Worship at FirstCoast MCC
Sundays at 10:30 am
Rev. Dr. Renee DuBose, a Consulting GAP Pastor has been appointed by the UFMCC and approved by the FirstCoast MCC Board of Directors. FirstCoast MCC will employ the Consulting GAP Pastor as a spiritual advisor and consulting leader to the church.
Facts about Rev. Dr. Renee DuBose & her role as CGP:
- Resides in Raleigh NC with her wife Dondi.
- Ordained (1998) minister in MCC who has 25 years of practical ministerial experience within MCC.
- Gap Pastor for MCC of Charlotte NC from December 2018 to May 2019.
- Pulpit Supply/Pastoral Care for a congregation following the challenging loss/removal of their solo pastor from March 2018 to November 2019.
- Vision: “I am committed to Jesus Christ, MCC and other progressive organizations that seek to positively and eternally impact the overall well-being of our local communities. I desire to spend my life serving my local community as a leader, educator, and advocate of justice. I am called to serve ‘among the least of these’ while also seeking to change oppressive systems that prevent people from reaching their full potential as adult children of God.”
- Join us on Sunday, August 16th as Pastor Renee introduces herself to us.
Jackie Gascho, an Interim Pastoral Leader has been appointed by the UFMCC and approved by the FirstCoast MCC Board of Directors. FirstCoast MCC will employ the Interim Pastor Leader as a worship, programming, and program leader in the church.
Facts about Jackie Gascho:
- Has been serving in capacity of Lay Minister at FirstCoast MCC for over 13 years.
- Has been filling the pulpit as part of the Preaching Team for the past 5 years.
- Has been planning and coordinating all virtual worship services since March 29, 2020.
Both positions will serve in a part time capacity effective Monday, August 10, 2020.
Please welcome, support and hold up both Pastor Renee and Lay Pastor Jackie as they lead us through this next phase in our journey at FirstCoast MCC.
Rev. Cathy Alexander, Vocational Leadership Coordinator, MCC
Rebecca Wilson, Church Support and Development Coordinator, MCC
FirstCoast MCC Board of Directors
Due to the surge in positive COVID-19, FirstCoast MCC’s Board of Directors has made the decision to suspend ALL in person services and activities through the end of this year. We will continue to monitor the situation and make the decision when it is safe to begin meeting in person again when there are no longer spikes in infections. We are called to care for our neighbors and for the vulnerable among us. Staying home is the best way for us to love one another at this time.
In the meantime, plan to continue joining us for our Virtual Worship on Facebook Live at 10:30 am each Sunday.
We pray each of you are safe and healthy! Please continue to stay in touch with each other, assist those you can, lift each other up in prayer and be faithful by financially supporting FirstCoast MCC during this time.